Monday, March 1, 2021

How do I center my focus on God?

 An Emoji Devotions for Mon, 1 March 2021


Topic: How do I center my focus on God?

Highlight: Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws. Psalm 119:164

Happy new month to you from where you are! I wish all readers of Emoji Devotions glorious manifestations in spiritual awakenings this month. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

When Jesus said "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness". He is pointing to honourable worship and reverence to God. It is Most honourable way to live;- Let me show you something; when you have plans, who do you tell first? The most honourable way is to tell God first about it. By telling God first about your plans in secret shows you have refevence for Him. Note that I do not talk about the things you need*. I say it's most honourable to tell your plans to God first! "Seek ye first the kingdom..." means seek God's approval first before you *do* it. Have you ever prayed like this? "Dear heavenly father, these are my plans for today."

As a child of God, our maker is our father and he deserves to truly know what is going on in our lives. Some will say, "is He not God who knows all things?" But If God says " is she not my daughter who has sharp eyes to see, she does not need my help" . Which is more justified? Remember, When God left Job for Satan to handle?, see what happened to him within an hour: Job 1:14b-18 "....They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you (Job)!”

If what you are planning is really important then you need to tell God first so you can be justified when you are enjoying the reward.
If you do not learn from Job, you can learn from Jesus. Matthew 6:33

That is how to center focus on God.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.


Prayer Exercise: Give thanks to God for his support and protection. Tell Him about your plans for today, repeat same exercise each day. Write down the transformation you observe at the end of each week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The force of Christ power in His Word

  An Emoji Devotional for Fri 5, April 2024 Topic: The force of Christ power in His Word Highlight: God wanted his people throughout the wo...