Sunday, June 20, 2021

Strength to Discern rightly



 An Emoji Devotions for Sun, Jun 20, 2021


Topic: Strength to Discern rightly.


Highlight: 


You are the only one who knows what is in your own mind, and God's Spirit is the only one who knows what is in God's mind. 

1 Corinthians 2:11‭


But our mind could be convinced to change our choices when we get to the menu table. Mr Alexander would say to the chef "I will have chicken" while another Mr Bartolomeo would first ask his doctor "can I take some chicken?" and Ms Cloe would say "I wish to have chicken for breakfast because others are having it". But Daniel made up his mind to eat and drink only what God had approved for his people to eat. And he asked the king's chief official for permission not to eat the food and wine served in the royal palace.

Daniel 1:8


Hold on, I love chicken too but do I have to discern to eat this sumptuous delicious chicken? "If this is God's will for me, I will eat it but I'm sorry I don't even know what God's will is on this matter. That's why I need to discern. Then I need Strength to know if I'm truly discerning the right thing or I could have been guessing. 


"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2


Did anyone remember the word "Dignity"? If yes, know it's a very important word. It's a word that help people discern right things. But it's incomplete without adding our faith in Christ Jesus to it. This is where Strength to discern rightly cones from. 


What's dignity in Christ? It is the state or quality of being worthy of honour of respect of Kingdom of Christ. You knew it when people talk about you and add Jesus Christ to your dignity? What a great honour for being a dignified ambassador of Jesus Christ: lead by the Holy Spirit, glorifying the heavens among men. God called the people to whom he spoke “gods”. And you know that the Bible remains always true.

John 10:35 


But God has given us his Spirit. This is why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. This is also why we can recognize the blessings God has given us.

1 Corinthians 2:12.


Finally,...., keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise. You know the teachings in the Bible, and you know what Jesus say and do. So follow His example. And God, who gives peace, will be with you.

Let your dignity be in Christ alone and you shall have abundant strength to discern. Hallelujah!

Prayer: Father Lord don't let me walk in confusion. I pray for dignity in Christ Jesus alone. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Applying Christ

  An Emoji Devotions for Thu,25 April 2024 Title: Applying Christ: Daily Devotional for Positive Change Introduction: In our walk with Chr...