Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Where do I go to? What is my destiny?

 



An Emoji devotions for Wednesday Nov 10, 2021


Topic: Where do I go to? What is my destiny?


by Pastor Hans


Highlights: Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant? Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on their God. (Isaiah 50:10)


We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. (2 Peter 1: 19)


In Isaiah 50 the Prophet speaks about Israel’s sin and the total obedience of God’s servant. Jesus is sent into a dark place where he gets misunderstood, rejected and mistreated, but he knows one thing for sure: “I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting. Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame. He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me!” (Isaiah 50:6 – 8)


 It is in that context that he invites people, who walk in the dark with no light, but fear the Lord and follow the word of his servant, to trust in the name of the Lord and to rely on God. The servant, who is the living word of God himself, knows the future of light: “The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end. (Isaiah 60: 19 – 20)


There are times of darkness in our lives. We may feel trapped and stuck and every way out seems to be blocked. Peter is at the end of his earthly life, but he has two anchors to hold on to. One is his experience with the Lord himself, especially the transfiguration and the second one is the prophetic word, which he knows to be completely reliable. Peter knows that he is going out of the present darkness into the light and this is exactly, what is my and your destiny, if only we are followers of Christ Jesus. The living God told us the end from the beginning. By following him we do not know the details that are coming our way, but we know that we are called back to our creator to live together with him in his radiant light. Your destiny as a child of God is everlasting life in his presence. 


Prayer: Thank you Lord Jesus for being the servant of God, who has set your face like flint and you were not disgraced nor put to shame, but given a name, who is above all names. Give me the strength to trust in you, like you trusted in your father. Help me to put my face like flint by looking only up to your light, as you are my light and the light of the world. Jesus, in your holy name I pray.

Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Told You, You are Naked?

  An Emoji Devotional for Wednesday, May 8, 2024: Topic: "Who Told You, You Are Naked?" Highlight: “Who told you that you were n...