Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The King is coming – the King is here!

An Emoji Devotions for Tue 12th January, 2021


Topic: The King is coming – the King is here!

By H.U.Wenger

Highlight: “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope.” Isaiah 42:1-4

Recently we celebrated Christmas, which is the reminder of the arrival of the King on earth, in his human form. He did bring justice to the earth but not in the form the Jews have expected it. Justice without grace would have meant that all human life would have been annihilated.

The apostle Paul tells us in Romans 3, 22 - 26: “But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus”.

 Jesus came to us and he did not make a revolution or riots. He lived a holy life and was engaged in seemingly unimportant relationships with seemingly unspectacular people. That way the bruised reed became strong and the smoldering wick started to spread a shining light. Bruised, abused and enslaved people, who mistreated, disregarded and suppressed others put their trust in Messiah and were absolved from their wickedness and got the righteousness of the king as a gift instead. The movement of Messiah became a grass root movement and it spread deep and wide.
Before Jesus went to the cross fulfill and legalize it all in front of the heavenly court, he prayed to his father: “As you have sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.” (John 17, 18) After his resurrection he meets them and says to them: “Peace be with you! As the father has sent me, I am sending you.” (John 20, 21)

You and me, we are called to carry on with the work he has established, started and fulfilled. We are not supposed to convince all the adversaries of the gospel. We are supposed to be in relationships and to pray that we find the bruised reeds and the smoldering wicks. It is the sick, who need a physician and as they grow strong, their recovery and change can convince even the strongest enemies.

Brothers and Sisters, we have the privilege to live in the time, within which many prophetic words are fulfilled in front of our eyes. Let us be diligent in relationships and in telling the people around us that the king has come and is about to come again to gather his disciples for eternity.

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me before the creation of the world.” (John 17, 24)

Prayer: Oh Lord, help me to serve you as you have served me and let me invite the people in my relationships to you, so that you can heal and save them. Thank you that you are already present in my life. Nevertheless I am welcoming you to come back and take me there, where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Applying Christ

  An Emoji Devotions for Thu,25 April 2024 Title: Applying Christ: Daily Devotional for Positive Change Introduction: In our walk with Chr...