Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Day before the day

An Emoji Devotions for Tue 2nd February, 2020


Topic: Day before the day.

Highlights:

I saw a dream and it made me fearful; and these fantasies as I lay on my bed and the visions in my mind kept alarming me. Daniel 4:5

Somehow I believe that dreams shows us future events. Day before the day those important event would unfold, there was a warning that's probably not observed. In Matthew 2:13-14 There was a time King Herod would have his bad plan to kill little Jesus, When they (The three wise men) had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.” The next day Joseph took his family at night and they left for Egypt.

For some reasons, tomorrow is certain for everyone but God is the greatest one who holds tomorrow.  While some  eventually make their dream a reality, it takes God grace to sustain their dreams.

 Example was King Nebuchadnezzar who had his dream interpreted through Daniel the prophet and yet fell into the pit of his omen. He failed to recognise God as the supreme controller of life and universe. "Look at Babylon! I built this great city. It is my palace. I built this great place by my power. I built this place to show how great I am".  Daniel 4:30

In moments of euphoria, Nebuchadnezzar forgot he was warned in his dream Day before the day. He lived in a great city and he acclaimed all glory to himself. As he was yet speaking His dream was instantly fulfilled. Daniel 4:31-32 Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like the ox.... At the end of the time, Nebuchadnezzar praised the most high. (Verse Dan 4:33-35)

Time will not permit me to talk about Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Nathan, Ezekiel, Amos and so on who had dreams. I am here to tell you three things. Always be thankful to God for yesterday and glorify him for tomorrow. Look into the future through his word (The Holy Bible).

The Bible contains information about past, present and future of creation and it's inspired by the Holy Spirit. Today, the Bible have been given to us all. Once you devote your time to read the Holy Bible, God will speak to you. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing (reading and watching) by the word of God. Romans 10:17

I do tell people that the solution to their problems is all written inside the Bible only if they had the power to open and read it.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, am thankful for yesterday, today, and forever. Thank you very much for all you have done for me. Give me grace to hear from you through the Holy Bible. I am very grateful to you in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Applying Christ

  An Emoji Devotions for Thu,25 April 2024 Title: Applying Christ: Daily Devotional for Positive Change Introduction: In our walk with Chr...