Friday, March 12, 2021

This is, why we should never doubt

 An Emoji Devotions for Fri, 12th March 2021


Topic: This is, why we should never doubt

By H.U. Wenger

Highlights: “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” (2. King 6:16)

If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one.

Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  … No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:31b – 35; 37 – 39)

The Kingdom of Aram was at war with the Northern Kingdom of Israel. Time and again the King of Aram held counsel with his Generals, but every attack they planned, was known in advance to the king of Israel. The king of Aram asked his staff, who the traitor would be. “None of us, my lord the king,” said one of his officers, “but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom.” “Go, find out where he is,” the king ordered, “so I can send men and capture him.” The report came back: “He is in Dothan.” (2. Könige 6:12 – 13) At night the king sent a strong force of men with horses and chariots to surround Dothan. When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.  “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (Verses 15 – 17) Elisha then gave a brilliant example what it means to love the enemies. Those, who came to take him captive, were lead to the headquarters for a big banquet and to be released home after the fest.

Gehasi was the long term servant of Elisha. He had seen many wonders the Lord has done, but as soon as he thinks his life in jeopardy, he doubts the might and power of God. He needs sight. I am afraid that so many of us are like Gehasi. As soon as we face a perceived impossibility, we are losing faith.

Do I still believe in the love of God? I am still aware that he gave his only son for my salvation? Do I still cling to the truth that Christ has paid for all my sins on the cross and that I am now his beloved child, who shall inherit his kingdom and to be taken into his glory? Why do I harbor doubts that I might not be good enough for him? Why do my thoughts leave his love and allow fear to enter my heart? Of course I am not enough for him! That is why he saved me, because he wanted me and he is 100 percent for me! Listen to the apostle Paul and you will lose any reason for doubt. It will open your spiritual sight and enable you to live in his love, like Elisha. Seize the authority that has been bestowed unto you!

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus. I am tempted to see my circumstances greater than your might and power. Please forgive me. Thank you that those, who are with me are always more than are with them. Thank you that your love will never leave nor fail me. Thank you, that you will always stand with me and please let me always stand with you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mere Confession of a believer

  An Emoji Devotional for Monday 6th, May 2024 Topic: Mere Confession of a believer Highlight: ‭It’s not what goes into your mouth that defi...