Friday, April 16, 2021

God is Coming, Wait for Him

 An Emoji Devotions for Fri 16th April, 2021

Topic: God is Coming, Wait for Him

Highlight:

David prayed to the Lord. This time the Lord told David, “Don’t attack the Philistines from the front. 2 Sam 5:23a

But the Lord God called to the man. The Lord said, “Where are you?” Genesis 3:9

It's true that God would have come up with a better plan in the garden of Eden if Adam had waited some more time before allowing the cunning serpent tempt him to eat the forbidden fruit. On that fateful day, God is coming with good news asking Adam "where are you?" but it's a pity that the excitement in the nature of man got him into rash decisions before the arrival of God. He really wants to test the magic of the fruit and he fell in an irreversible manner. We all have been infected with excitement, only few waits for God. Matthew 22:14.  Similar incident happened when Samuel asked, “What have you done?”(to Saul).

Saul answered, “I saw the soldiers leaving me, and you were not here. The Philistines were gathering at Micmash. Then I thought, ‘The Philistines will come against me at Gilgal. And I haven’t asked for the Lord’s approval.’ So I forced myself to offer the whole burnt offering.” Samuel said, “You acted foolishly! You haven’t obeyed God’s command. If you had obeyed him, God would make your kingdom continue in Israel forever. But now your kingdom will not continue 1 Sam 13:11-14a Maybe this could have been Adam, His power could have been forever divine and matchless to other Spirit being if he had held on while the Serpent attempted to tempt him.  (Read Psalm 8:5) He could have waited for God to come and report the Serpent to God but chose to eat the forbidden fruit.  Things would have been different.

Those who fail to wait for God will miss the opportunity. Inability to Wait made a prophet like John the Baptist in doubt to ask Jesus "are you the one to come or we should wait for another (Luke 7:22). Why wait for another when you can believe in Jesus as your savior today. He is standing at the door of your heart knocking. Rev 3:20. If you are not carried away with excitement of this world, you will see as people are walking with Jesus daily and he's giving them eternal life.

I have read about one man called David, He is a man after God's heart. He's always praying and waiting for God. In Psalm 27:13-14 He said "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

As for me too, I know that God is coming for me, I will wait for Him through Jesus Christ my Lord. Confess Jesus as your Lord today and receive the Holy Spirit. Amen


Prayer: God I'm sorry for all my over excitement that has lead me astray. I may not know the next temptation but I pray for Divine grace to wait for you till you come and find me worthy. in Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Applying Christ

  An Emoji Devotions for Thu,25 April 2024 Title: Applying Christ: Daily Devotional for Positive Change Introduction: In our walk with Chr...